Thursday, June 26, 2008

Off Topic- Good news, bad news

Good news: I'd like to do a special shout-out: please help me congratulate a friend, and probably our biggest EV blog fan Kieran; he got a very high grade and easily passed his Regents exam! Good going bro! I am glad to see that some hard work is paying off. Also it is on or near his birthday, so that is very cool too. I hope you have a fun and relaxing summer, you deserve it.

Bad news: Many of you will soon find out about my recent employment bump-in-the-road. Basically, I am fired.

I am not sure how this will affect the EV project. I can keep working on it for awhile, since I already have a lot of things paid for and in place (more Por15 came already). But I had planned to use this as a commuter vehicle, and EV's usually have a limited range. So if my next day job (ugh) is too far away, the vehicle would be kind of pointless for me.

I could keep going and finish the project and hope to sell it when it is done. This might be a way to start doing EV conversions as a full time business, which I secretly hoped would happen. I don't want to get too much into a "maybe-someone-will-buy-this" business idea, especially since it would still require a substantial financial investment to buy the electrical components. I flat-out would not spend the money I need to on this without another day job.

If it comes down to it, I could just sell off the truck itself and do something else, it is still pretty much all together. This would be a very disappointing end to what I thought was an extremely cool thing. I mean very disappointing.

I will be cashing in our winning scratch-offs today and reinvesting that in some Mega-Millions tickets.

Other than that, I am open to suggestions.

Edit: I had an astounding 63 visits yesterday, more than 3 times any other day. I'm not sure what was so interesting, but thanks to everyone that tunes in. Way cool. More drama now though, right?

1 comment:

Kieran said...

Did I really pass? I didn't get a phone call yet(well, I was out for a while so maybe I missed it), but I'm sure you know what you're talking about. I don't think it is possible I got a high grade though. It's impossible, I'm horrible at Algerbra.

Thank you very much, today is indeed my Birthday.

I'm very sorry to hear that you were relieved of your duties. That is worse than me passing my regents is good.

I will give you two pieces of advice. #1 is to never take my advice seriously. #2, if I were you, I'd continue to work on the EV, but I'm not.

Good luck with the lottery tickets.