Sunday, June 15, 2008

No progress again this week

Well, I didn't get much done again this week. I had some obligations, some people to help, etc. K & k gave me a party on Father's Day, that was fantastic.

I spent most of Saturday attempting to repair a torn CV boot on K's car. I really thought this would be pretty easy (see how simple it looks in the photo above?). Let me speed through this; Wrong boot new boot need tool Sears socket rain f-ed up sway bar end f-ed up ball joint no fixey. Basically, I spent the entire day on this and messed it up worse, and had to bring it to a repair place anyway. Now instead of just the boot, it needs the boot, a sway bar end, and a lower ball joint. Very discouraging. I hate working on new cars.

I did get up to Steve's place late Saturday, and saw his S10 conversion in person (also rained there). It is pretty cool, much as he has described it before. I liked the battery box construction, and took note of how the insulation and hold-downs were done. They were not as I had planned to do mine, so I'm glad I saw his, to see another method of doing it. It's also cool to see a full body, all metal S10 conversion in person, knowing that it has been successfully used for years. It's just more reassurance that this whole concept actually works. So that was important research really.

I hope I can get started on the chassis next weekend.

photo: Automedia.com

No comments: