Saturday, May 31, 2008

Scrapping the S10

A quick update. Took the S10 to the scrapper today. It was a major accomplishment to get down there without anything falling off of the trailer. You can see the bed going away on the loader. That loader is the only one I've ever seen with those completely untreaded tires. Bet they're expensive.
Dead S10 motor, unceremoniously pushed out of the truck and onto the ground. "Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him, Horatio, a man of infinite jest..." How'd I do?

The motor has been pushed aside by the loader. I'm now waiting to leave. I'm scrapping a neighbor's car next weekend. If anyone else has a dead car I can scrap, I'll give you $100 for it.

Here's a pile of parts I saved for possible use. I also have a second smaller pile. It was having access to all of this junk that made getting a whole truck the way to go. At least the yard looks a little better with the S10 carcass gone. Next we'll get started on the chassis.

No comments: