Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Related- What if gas cost $10 a gallon?


A bit of an unscheduled post. One of the self-imposed rules I have for this blog is to keep it light; no conspiracy stories, no doom and gloom. Well that didn't last long. Since I'm not even sure anybody is reading, I guess I can step over the line just this once.

I came upon this article today at MSN:


Basically outlining how our lives might be if the price of gas suddenly jumped to $10/gal. I think this is a real possibility, and sooner than later. And no, I don't think my one electric vehicle is going to make a whole lot of difference at that point.
-
But anyway, if you'd like, check it out.
-
If you'd rather ignore the whole thing and pretend it's not happening (a position I may not admire, but I do understand), you can look at the picture of the pretty flowers instead.
-
(Sorry for the condescension. BTW oil is now $132 a barrel).

photo: karachisnob.com

1 comment:

Kieran said...

CNN did a scenario a few weeks ago about this. A Katrina-like Hurricane hit Houstons Oil Refineries and Al-Qaeda, see their chance, attacked the Saudi Oil Fields. It went up to $9 a gallon. Lines of people waiting at gas pumps, complete economic breakdown, and the risk of nuclear war.

Of course, they want to scare you a bit, so maybe it is an exaggeration but if it really did go up to 9$ a gallon I really don't know what would happen.