Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Motor and trans have to go

I had considered tuning the existing gas motor and fixing all of the other small bloop-blops so I could drive and enjoy the truck for the summer. Instead I have decided to go right into the conversion. I figure, why spend the time, effort, and money to fix up systems that I will be discarding later anyway. It's also, I suppose, good motivation to get going and make progress on the project. Once I pull the motor, trans, fuel system, cooling system, etc, it will be easier to keep going forward than to chicken out and go back. Which I have considered. More than once.

I have a couple of ads out for selling the motor and trans. The motor actually does run really well once it's warmed up. The trans is more of a truck trans, so it's not really suitable for my needs. Perhaps I'll ebay them or something. Ebay, so easy, yet such a hassle.

I wanted to keep the motor in the truck until I have a prospective buyer, so he can hear it run. But how long is that going to be? So now I'm thinking I can just take a movie clip of it running as proof, so I can remove the motor and get on with the build. Maybe put a link of the movie clip right in the motor for sale ads! That would be cool. Wish I knew how to do all of this.

1 comment:

Steve said...

John, Yeah, have someone take a video (with sound) of you starting it up and driving it, with an under hood view also.

Steve