Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rhinebeck car show this weekend


The Rhinebeck spring car show and swap meet is this weekend, Friday thru Sunday. This show and swap is the first one I attended on a regular basis, and I still try to attend every year. I vended there for a couple of years, and entered a car in the show one time. I have many fond memories of times I have spent there.
The temperature is supposed to be in the mid-60's, and after some possible light rain Saturday morning, I am sure it will be nice for the rest of the weekend. It's a local show, so there's really no excuse not to attend.
There is a huge car show on Saturday and Sunday, a fantastic swap meet, and don't miss the car corral; a designated area with a wide variety of different whole cars for sale. This is way out back behind the oval track. Insider's tip: if you think a car is priced too high, take down the phone number and call it a week later. I once scored a car at a more reasonable price this way because nobody bought it during the show weekend.

I'll be there Sunday, see you there!
photo: unknown. (People, can we stop putting wacky spacers in our intake systems to make them comically-tall like this? Seriously.)

1 comment:

Kieran said...

I guess there will be more car shows as the weather warms up.