Sunday, October 26, 2008

Car Show: Fishkill, October 12, 2008, part 2 of 3

This 1948 Plymouth sported a late model 318 motor and was equipped to be a true driver car. Fantastic seldom seen car.

This 1970 (?) Dodge Charger has this sedate light green paint, but it is a stunner inside and out.

1969 Ford Ranchero, a pickup-car, or truck really. This one has great modifications and perfect detail.
1964 Pontiac GTO. This year and model car was arguably the first "musclecar".

1987 Ford Mustang. Big deal, right? I think the future will judge this generation of Mustangs to be as important, if not more, than any other in history. I will support this bold statement when I do a feature on this car.

Here's a 1967 Chevy II (Chevy II would later become the Nova). This example was a great low-key driver with a nice surprise we will look at when we feature it later.

1970 Dodge Dart with a 340 mill. I love these small Mopars. My dad had a similar one with a 318 for transportation and I loved driving it.

1969 Plymouth GTX. This was a very special car model near the end of the musclecar era. We'll discuss what it is, and why it's important, when I do an expanded feature about it later on.

1957 Chevy 210. I normally just pass by 1955-57 Chevies, as they have become so ubiquitous. This one is done a little differently, and I think it has some cool features.

A 1967 AC Cobra (replica). A great rendition of a very famous and desireable car. I have been itching to build one of these replicas for about the past 10-15 years. It's an economical way to own a priceless car.

I'll finish up this week with this 1947 Jeep CJ2A. It has a flat-head 4 cylinder and puts out about 60hp. I like it because it is so spartan and business-like. The nice owner explained to me about how this was the model that transitioned from post-WWII models to regular civilian models.

Well that's all for this week. Oh, I almost forgot I saw this cute little guy at the show. I decided to have lunch right after I took this shot.

4 comments:

Kieran said...

That is a very neat costume for the dog. I've always wanted a Dachshund.

I believe the 48 Plymouth is one of the cars that I showed you pictures of a few months ago.

Speaking of that, I found several new cars back in the woods, and I am curious as to how old they are. They're in much better condition than the other ones. I can take an educated guess but you'd know better than me. To make it easier on you(and myself) I put them on my own blog so just click on my name and you'll find it. It is completely unreasonable to expect you to know what a couple of those are because of the bushes(lots of pricker bushes) and the top 3 pictures I could care less about but for the rest, I am very interested. Any info you can offer would be appreciated.

John Kosakowski said...

Kieran, my friend, at least I can always count on you to leave a nice comment. I'd like to see the photos. What is your blog address? JK

Kieran said...

Here,

http://kieranthegreat.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the feature write ups.