Monday, September 2, 2013

Yes I really did this




This was either the coolest thing Ive ever done, or the dumbest. Maybe both.


I am doing a body swap. Im taking the cab off of a 72 C30 and putting it onto an S10 chassis I have laying around.




All I could keep thinking of was "Jenga", although this technically was not a Jenga.


Stacked the blocks high enough to roll the existing chassis out. Had to clear the motor. The cab is approximately 5 feet off the ground here.

Here is the body resting on the S10 chassis. Getting the body back down safely was, well, Ill be honest, scary as hell. Lot of block stacking and unstacking.



This might be a future project, although I dont know what direction it will take right now. Im just glad to have the cab back down out of the sky without a major catastrophe.

No comments: