Saturday, December 6, 2008

So who's with me, Biscayne-wise ?

A very weird thing happened a few weeks ago. I was driving along Rt. 52 in the Wiccopee area of East Fishkill, and I saw a 1958 Chevy off the side of the road in a backyard. It looked like a Biscayne, like mine. It was raining that day, so I slowed down a bit, but kept driving, and made a mental note to come back with a camera, so I could take a pic and maybe blog about how close to home this car is, assuming that it is for sale and in decent shape, etc. I went back no more than 3 weeks later, and the car was gone. Whom else is buying '58's in this economy in the dead of winter? I just figured it would be there for a while. Oh, well, I thought, I have mine, and I like it, and I'm still happy.
-
Tonight I'm browsing through ebay, and there it is! Why was I browsing through ebay (when I'm 6 months unemployed and my garages are overflowing)? I'm glad you asked why I was browsing through ebay. I was browsing through ebay to...um...I was browsing ebay because I...it...wow. That's a good one. I was browsing...no wait, let's see...I was browsing and browsing for a chrome taillight housing. Hey, that rhymes...
-
So this Biscayne is now in Highland, and there's just under 6 days left on the auction. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&item=290280855680&viewitem= it's item number 290280855680.
-
From what I can see in the photos, it's similar to mine in condition; better in some areas, worse in others, but overall, 'bout the same. Price is about the same too. I'm not interested in it (if someone wants to secret-Santa me, and drop it off here anonymously, that would be cool, though) I'll keep on with what I have. I feel an uncharacteristic attachment to mine.
-
If someone around here wants to get it, we can work on them together. We can swap parts, and information, and help each other, and have a little friendship. It'll be cool. Now that we're car buddies, you wouldn't mind lending me that uncracked windshield, would you?

2 comments:

Kieran said...

I think a very wealthy person is with you.

Unknown said...

The two tone is cool, but I like the red a lot better.