Thursday, November 13, 2008

Special thoughts special edition

1. I have named our homestead "Stickamucka" from the Iroquois Indian translation: many many many many sticks, which is what is always covering my backyard lawn. More than just could have fallen off the trees, neighbors must come and deposit them there when I'm out.

2. I was at the grocery store and I saw this teenager wearing his pants so low that the waistband must have been mid-thigh, his punk-ass covered by a long shirt. To show these punk kids whom is really cool once and for all, I will henceforth be wearing my pants completely loose and laying down around my ankles. Beat that.

3. It certainly is more palatable to be paying $2.50 a gallon for gas for my lawnmower. Dropping $25-30 bucks to fill a gas can for my frickin' lawnmower really burned my butt.

2 comments:

Kieran said...

Is Stickamucka a real translation?

Well, I myself can't see oil prices dropping forever, although, I know very little about the world economy. I would guess it will drop off a little bit more than come back up again, just a guess. It is pretty incredible though, just go back a few months and people were talking about the prices going over $5.00, and now it is half that($2.41) by me.

John Kosakowski said...

I tried for awhile to find an actual translation online, but I couldn't, so I made that up.

Also, the more you learn about economics, the more the world will make sense to you.